— INTRODUCTION OF LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM —
Library Management System
Library is regarded as the brain of any institute; many institutes understand the importance of the library to the growth of the institute and their esteem users (students). LMS support the general requirement of the library like acquisition, cataloguing, circulation.
Library project system that offers many flexible and convenient features, allowing librarians and library users to maximize time and efficiency. Library System gives the all detailed information about students, staff and books. It will track on the how many books available in library and books issued to the students. It shows popular book among the students. It will provide book lost in library. It keeps the record of the suppliers and book binders. It generates MIS reports for management. Our software is customizable for any library requirement.
Features of library management system:
- Only basic knowledge of computers is required for operation of Library Management System. As it has user-friendly application interface.
Library Management System is Customizable and User Configurable.
An inbuilt Settings module makes Library Management System flexibility to cater to diverse organizational needs.
It is build on .NET technology – one of the most latest and upcoming Technologies in the field of Information Technology, which makes you a forerunner in the world of Information technology.
Library Management System brings information to the user’s desktop through integration across all modules.
Library Management System has pre-defined reports. These are used for normal reporting as well as Administration & Staff development purpose. Additionally, Library Management System can be easily customized for their own customized reports.
- Staff as well as student record is maintained
- Newspapers attendance is maintained
- Automatic fine fees calculation
- Keeps record of supplier’s and binder’s
- Customized Report designing
- Configurable as per user’s requirements
Why you need it:
- Improved customer service through greater access to accurate information.
- Increased productivity and job satisfaction among staff members as it eliminates duplication of effort.
- More economical and safer means of storing and keeping track of information.
- Easier access to Information like management reports and stock etc, as well as more accurate and faster results from statistical analyses.
- Reduces errors and eliminating the ennui of long and repetitive manual processing.
- Greater accountability and transparency in operations.
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness in administration and management as it has unprecedented access to real-time information.
- More reliable security for sensitive and confidential information.
- Appropriate knowledge-based action and intervention can now take place in a timelier manner.